Gnocchi stuffed with PDO Asiago cheese and porcini mushroom served on chestnuts velouté
Our mamma emma gnocchi stuffed with DPO Asiago cheese and porcini mushroom served as finger food are the perfect mix between tradition and innovation.
This is the recipe Superzulay thought for us; a “modern” finger food version of our gnocchi stuffed with DPO Asiago cheese and porcini mushroom which is perfect for any occasion, from lunch to happy hour with friends.
In the past, chestnuts were considered a cheap food and referred to as “the poor man’s bread” because people used to mill their pulp into flour and use it to make various baked products such as bread and flour-based desserts as, for example, castagnaccio.
Nowadays, especially in Italy where numerous high-quality varieties of this fruit can be found throughout the territory, chestnuts have been reconsidered as very important for our diet for their healthy proprieties… and their delicious taste.
All this taking about chestnuts made us feel peckish! So, let’s find out about this mouth-watering recipe; mamma emma gnocchi stuffed with DPO Asiago cheese and porcini mushroom served on chestnuts velouté.
- Blend together chestnuts, cream and milk, then sift the mixture to make the velouté smoother
- Flour the gnocchi with chestnuts flour, dip them into the whisked egg and then bread them with panko
- Deep-fry the gnocchi into the peanut oil to a golden brown
- Strain the gnocchi croquettes with some paper towel, arrange them in a plate over a spoonful of chestnuts velouté (3 each)
- Add a pinch of ground coffee over each gnocchi croquette and a basil leaf, then add salt to taste and serve warm