Prepare your gravy
Create your own sauce to taste and bring it to temperature. Add 100ml of water. Don't be afraid to dilute the sauce too much.
Pumpkin gnocchi with fennels, pumpkin seeds and balsamic vinegar
Thanks to Marco Domenella for the recipe.
- Pumpink gnocchi: 400 gr
- Medium carrot: 1
- Small potato: 1
- Fennel: 1
- Small onion: 1
- Celery stalk: 1
- Pumpkin seeds: to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive pil, salt: to taste
- Let’s prepare the broth: rinse the veggies (celery, carrot, onion, potato and half fennel), add them all in a big pot with some salt and add 750ml of fresh water and heat to boiling: then, let it simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, put the veggies aside.
- Cut the half fennel into strips and place it in fresh water.
- Let’s prepare the sauce: blend the boiled fennel until smooth, then add some broth.
- Chop the pumpkin seeds.
- Add the fennel cream into a pan with 100ml of broth, add the mamma emma pumpkin gnocchi and heat to boiling. Stir now and then.
- Once cooked, arrange the gnocchi into a plate, drain the fennel strips, dry them and add them to the plate.
- Garnish with the pumpkin seeds, extra virgin olive oil and few drops of balsamic vinegar, then serve.